Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

To all the mothers, and to the fathers doing it alone... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  I hope you are having  blessed, wonderful day.

As for me, I woke up to a Project Runway marathon on the Style network. A happy Mother's Day indeed! In celebration, I made coffee and strawberry shortcake and indulged in the guilty pleasure of all day reality television. Later on in the day, I invented a Twinkie strawberry shortcake. It's exactly what the name of it suggests, a strawberry shortcake, using Twinkies instead of the Hostess shortcakes I normally use. Despite the cream filling, I still topped my creation with Cool-Whip. Don't judge me! It's MY day! lol. I must say, it was divine!! I recommend it to anyone.

Ten miler training? Not today. Not yesterday either. Fitness wasn't completely forgotten though. I picked up the latest issue of Oxygen and discovered a total body work out using a weight sled. I have always loved using the weight sled, and was thrilled to see an entire work out based on it. I think I'll try this out tomorrow.

Lately I have been reading magazines like Oxygen and Fitness RX more often. I like the challenging routines presented in them. What I don't like, however, is that most of the models and writers seem to live off supplements and protein shakes. I can't see myself as one of those fitness gurus who has lost touch with the ability to enjoy food. Perhaps I enjoy food a little bit too much though (see second paragraph). Stay tuned for my quest to balance the enjoyment of eating with the necessity of it.

In other news, I attempted to wash a pair of Danner boots in the washing machine using detergent and Coca-Cola. I was told this gets them clean. Well, I was told to use Pepsi and detergent. I thought for sure Coke wold have the same effect. Epic failure. Has anyone else heard of this method of cleaning boots? Has anyone had any success with this method? Feel free to comment and share your experience. As for me, I'm being forced to clean my boots the "normal" way, with a Kiwi suede cleaning kit. Sigh.

Tomorrow is the start of yet another five day work week. I guess I should get used to it. That IS after all, what most working Americans do. At least that gives me five good work out days!

No comments:

Post a Comment